Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Creative Quotes

There's no correlation between creativity and equipment ownership. None. Zilch. Nada. Actually, as the artist gets more into his thing, and as he gets more successful, his number of tools tends to go down. He knows what works for him. Expending mental energy on stuff wastes time.

Hugh Macleod, How To Be Creative: 10, 08-22-04
I saw on 2 peas a challenge for bloggers to write about something inspiring. I found this quote on my iGoogle, and I realized that it really was true. It feels good to know that I'm in a zone where I use the tools that I use. I don't need to find more tools that do other things, because I am happy doing what I do already.

It's a good thing to be able to play with my things and know how to use them. Now to resist those horrendous new things that come down the pike. Things like Heidi Swapp rub ons. What possessed demon ever thought those things were going to work? Things like the circle scissor. That's one tool that I gladly threw in the trash. It doesn't work!!

In other areas...I'm watching the news about the most recent California fires. It amazes me that people are wondering why the fire is so hot. It completely makes me want to shout DUH at the screen. People are building in fire areas, providing fuel for future fires, and they are being stupid with their landscaping. People aren't clearing their brush away from their homes. People don't get it. To find out that these fires were potentially set on purpose is awful. How could someone do that?

Tomorrow I go off to NYC for the weekend. YAY!

I may shop for purses!

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great quote....really! But....I still like my equipment! LOLOL It's all ancient, but I use it up anyway. Hope you found some good purses. I love those and shoes, my weaknesses. My hubs says I'd walk down the street nekked as long as I had some great shoes and a great purse. LMAO, for the sake of my neighbors, I hope I never do that. winkwink