Monday, January 21, 2013

How I used my arrow lace cut file

 Today I had a nice quiet day and spent the afternoon scrapping.  I made my layout with my cut file!  I'm quite happy with how it turned out. 


 This is the final result.  I think that making the lace stand above the bottom paper was the hardest.  I used my 1 3/4" circle punch and randomly put the "B" side of My Mind's Eye Lost and Found' Market Street paper.  The A side of that paper is heavily glittered.  I used a few spritzes of this all purpose matte varnish on the glittered side to keep it all stuck to the paper and not me, the dogs, my project, my roommate, the floor, the furniture and probably the neighbors too.

I sprayed the front of my lace with Calico Shine, and then sprayed a couple specific areas with Heidi Swapp Georgia Peach shine spray. I don't know if you can tell, but the upper right corner of the lace is one of the places that got the spray.

 This layout has a LOT of layers to it.  I am still learning to do more layered pages, but this one was a bit of a stretch for me.  I think that's why I really liked it. I used a brad in the top hole of the tag, and I sprayed the tag with the Heidi Swapp peach spray too.

 I wrapped bakers twine repeatedly around the top of my page, and taped it down on the back.  Then wrapped the twine around a couple fingers repeatedly and then tied them in the middle to make a big loopy bow along the bakers twine.  My title  was cut on the Cameo, I used the same paper that I used to back some of the circles in the arrow lace.  I sprayed the letters with Tropicana Teal and then glued them to the offset base that I ended up taking a sponge and rubbing with some brown corduroy distress inks. After the glue dried I gave it another shot of Mister Huey Calico Shine.




 Now you've seen how I used my cutter file,  I can't wait to see how you all have used it too!  P.S. If you want to find the cut file it's a couple posts back.

No comments: