Sunday, November 4, 2007

NaBloPoMo

I'm doing National Blog Posting Month. Mostly because I'm waaaay to lame to do NaNoWriMo.

So I'm going to challenge myself to do this everyday. Some days are going to be pretty lame though!

Today was a heck of a day. The oldest kid worked very late, so she stayed at a friends apartment near the club. Today she was very tired, and slept through a chunk of church. It was annoying, but I was honestly glad that she was there. It's nice to have them around, even if they aren't always cheerful.

Then we went off to the store and dropped a huge chunk of change on groceries.

After we finished putting things away I made a pumpkin chocolate chip cheesecake! I used this recipe.
I haven't tried it yet, but I will tomorrow for dinner. I tossed in a few mini morsels ( roughly a cup full) into the batter before pouring it into the pan. I've never made a cheesecake before, but you can be sure that I'm going to do it again. It wasn't super easy, but it wasn't as difficult as other things I've made.

We then made grilled steaks for us, and grilled a couple chicken breasts for the eldest and her buddy. I made a couple quick side dishes... green beans with bacon and garlic, and potato gnocci and an alfredo sauce. It was wonderful. The whole meal was just a pleasure, and I'm looking forward to heating up the steak and gnocci for lunch tomorrow. I've discovered that grilled meats actually heat up quite nicely on the grill. I just set them on a piece of aluminum and then heat it up that way. So if you hear a lot of happy, yummy sounds in this area of the country around noon, it'll be me eating up the leftovers!

Tomorrow night for dinner I'm going to make Lasagne, and we'll follow that up with the pumpkin cheesecake from the cooking part of our show today.

I am feeling REALLY good lately. My workouts are paying off. I feel stronger, and my clothes are getting bigger. It's quite nice!



No comments: