Monday, November 26, 2007

What makes a friend

The two peas blogger challenge is to describe what makes the core of friendship for me.

It's funny how difficult it was for me. I think that the initial attraction of friendship is an initial honesty, an outward friendliness, and a bright sense of humor. These are the things that I am drawn towards.

The 'hook' is that there is what I've always felt as a "sponge" of confidence. A friend is someone who you can confide in, and she won't ever utter anything that you've said or hold it against you. For me, because of the ex's career, I had to do a lot of moving around. I have friends who I have left behind that I can call and we pick up life immediately where we were before I left. It's a life long connection and it's something that can't truly be described.

I have a few friends that I would trust with my life. I think that's the key to a true friend. Someone who will keep you in your place, and someone who will put everything aside for you.

I always laugh when I see the quote " A true friend is someone who sees right through you and still enjoys the view."

No comments: